If you are looking for emergency dental services in San Tan Valley, AZ, our dentist Dr. Matt Roper and his dental team is here to help. Of course, it’s important to recognize what constitutes getting immediate, same-day dentistry and when you can simply schedule an appointment for the coming days.
How urgent is your dental problem? You will most likely require same-day care if you are dealing with,
- A knocked-out tooth (the tooth can be saved if treated within one hour of the injury)
- Severe dental pain (could be a sign of a cavity or infection inside the tooth)
- An abscess, which is a bacterial infection that causes swelling and pain in the area
- A severe tooth fracture that causes pain
- A restoration that has fallen off completely or is broken, resulting in pain and sensitivity
Right now, our goal is to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients. With Covid-19, we want to focus our attention on providing patients with the emergency dental services they need in San Tan Valley, AZ, when these problems arise. You shouldn’t have to be worried about where to turn to get immediate dental care.
The problems above require immediate treatment. Of course, there are steps that you can also take before coming into our office,
- If you are in significant pain you can take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen, which can temporarily alleviate pain and swelling.
- Apply a towel-wrapped ice pack to the side of the face to reduce pain and swelling.
- If the tooth has been cracked or chipped, make sure to collect the pieces and bring them into the office.
- If your tooth has been knocked out, rinse off the tooth and then gently try to place it back into the socket. If you can’t get it into the socket (don’t force it!) then place the tooth in a container of milk.Ocotillo Trails Family Dentistry is here for you, providing everything from emergency dental care to cosmetic dentistry services for patients of all ages living here in San Tan Valley, AZ. If you are dealing with a dental emergency know that our team is here to help. Call us at (480) 457-1977.